ST PATRICK’S - ENROLMENT INFORMATION
Welcome to St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School. We hope that we can begin a firm partnership with you and your child focused on the development of your child.
ENROLMENTS FOR 2024
ENROLMENTS WILL OPEN WITH OUR OPEN DAY
ON WEDNESDAY 15th MARCH 2023
School tours will commence on Wednesday 15th March for all families wishing to have a look at St Patrick's School.
Download: Enrolment Application Form
Download: Prep Enrolment Timeline 2024
Download: Parent Handbook 2023
• Children must turn 5 years of age before the 30th April in the year they are commencing school.
• Our school has a specific enrolment area, which encompasses the area of Mentone and the surrounding suburbs. Any enrolments from outside this area must be dealt with on an individual basis.
• An initial enrolment is obtained at the Open Day or after that date and enrolments are then open until April 30th. Families will need to provide a copy of your child’s Birth, Baptism and Immunisation documents which will be retained by the school. Once enrolments close, the principal and parish priest will have an interview with each family. At this appointment the principal will:
• meet the parent/s
• explain the current fee payment system
• answer any queries
• give insight into our school culture
In May a letter confirming your child’s enrolment will be sent to you. You will be asked to send back a reply slip indicating your acceptance of this Prep placement for the coming year.
We will also notify you of the dates for these 2 events namely:
I. Prep Information Night is held in early November. Parent/s attend this night without children. We will introduce you to your child’s Prep teacher. The Prep teacher will explain the routines of the Prep day and discuss the Prep curriculum.
II. Orientation Sessions are held in November. Your child will attend two orientation sessions. They will go to a classroom to complete orientation activities. In the meantime, parents will enjoy a cup of tea in the hall.
This means that you will be all set for the big day next year by December of this year!
• Usually around March or April, kindergartens and schools will advertise that it is now time to enrol your child at school. Our enrolments commence with our Open Day in March and close on the April 28th.
ACCEPTANCE OF A NON-CATHOLIC STUDENT AT OUR PARISH SCHOOL DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENROLMENT AT A CATHOLIC SECONDARY COLLEGE.
Please note the following:
- To be eligible for enrolment your child must turn five years old by 30th April, in the year they are commencing school.
- A copy of your child's Baptism Certificate must be provided. This should be attached to your Enrolment Form.
- Non-Catholic families lodging an enrolment will need to include a personal letter clearly stating the reasons they are seeking enrolment in a Catholic school.
- At the time of lodging an enrolment application all new families will be required to pay a non-refundable enrolment fee of $100.00 per family for administrative purposes.
- An immunisation certificate must be provided for all children, prior to their commencement at school, this can be obtained from the Medicare Office.
- Enrolment Applications open on Wednesday 15th March and close on Friday 28th April, 2023.
- Individual interviews will be conducted for all new enrolment applicants after enrolments close. Times will be arranged by the school secretary.
- An Information Night for parents will be held in Term 4.
- School Orientation Program will be held in term 4 for all new prep students.